What Could Be the Cause of Electric Brake Issues in My Mobility Scooter?
Mobility scooters are supposed to be one of the safest and most comfortable modes of transportation. However, machines can malfunction, and so can mobility scooters. Malfunctioning brakes in mobility scooters can be especially dangerous because it can potentially lead to accidents and injuries. Since a lot of mobility scooter riders are older people or people who are unfit for some reason, such accidents can be even more harmful. Thus, mobility scooter brake maintenance and repair should be done immediately if you think something is wrong with your scooter.
Let us take a closer look at the various problems that your mobility scooter can face.
- Battery: Almost all the mobility scooters run on rechargeable batteries. After months and months of getting charged and losing charge, the batteries lose their capacity to retain the charge within them. As a result, it becomes challenging to travel with these mobility scooters, especially for long-distance travel. Thus, if you wish to enjoy an uninterrupted and smooth journey, get your batteries checked, serviced, or changed by a professional mechanic specialising in mobility scooters.
- Faulty Potentiometer: Potentiometers have two primary functions in mobility scooters. First, they regulate the charge flow from the battery to the mobility scooter’s motor. Second, it also aids the scooter’s forward and reverse movements through the control panel. Thus, if your mobility scooter has a faulty potentiometer, it can adversely affect your scooter’s performance to a great extent.
- Leaked, Ripped, or Old Tires: Consistent use over time puts a lot of pressure on your mobility scooter’s tires, and as a result, they are usually the first part of your scooter that gets damaged. The ridges made on the tires for friction can be smoothed after using it for a long time and should be changed to ensure that your mobility scooter does not skid and get into an accident. Old tires are also prone to getting leaked, ripped, or, in rarer cases, they can burst open and cause severe accidents. Thus, if you see that the tires on your mobility scooters have become old, you should get them serviced or changed to reduce the chance of any accidents in the future.
- Faulty or Damaged Motor: The motor inside your mobility scooter can get damaged over time due to consistent use, dirt, water, or moisture, or sometimes the motors can get damaged if your mobility scooter jumps very hard over potholes, bumpy or very rough surfaces. Suppose your mobility scooter has suddenly become unnaturally bumpy, or you are finding it difficult to steer and control your mobility scooter easily. In that case, it is probably the right time to consult a professional mechanic and get your scooter’s motor changed.
- Faulty Electric Brakes: Faulty brakes are one of the leading causes of severe motor accidents. As a mobility scooter rider, you must make sure that your mobility scooter’s motor is serviced regularly, and in case you or a professional mechanic finds that there is any problem in the motor, get it changed as early as possible and until you do that, do not take your mobility scooters out for long rides or in crowded streets. Hiring a professional for genuine mobility scooter electric brake repair services is essential. Contact Plaza de la Movilidad based in San Pedro del Pinatar and the Mar Menor area in Spain for professional mechanics and renting or buying premium mobility scooters.
Now, let us dive deeper into the reasons or causes behind electric brake issues in mobility scooters.
- Faulty Switch or Wiring: A malfunctioning brake often has nothing to do with the brake itself. Consistent use over a long period can damage the switch with which you operate the brakes or the circuit that connects the entire brake system in your mobility scooter. In such cases, repairing or changing the brake button and circuit will make your scooter as good as new. Contact Plaza de la Movilidad based in San Pedro del Pinatar and the Mar Menor area in Spain to find professional and experienced mechanics specialising in fixing electric brakes on a mobility scooter. Do not take faulty brakes in a mobility scooter casually. It can lead to extremely serious accidents and cause irreparable damage to yourself and your loved ones. Thus, be proactive and repair the brakes in your mobility scooters like a responsible individual.
- Water in the Brakes or Lubricated Brakes: If your motor gets lubricated with water, snow, or any other lubricating agent, there is a high chance that your brakes will fail. Brakes are supposed to use friction to stop a moving object, i.e., your mobility scooter. However, lubricated surfaces do not offer a lot of friction. Similarly, a lubricated brake cannot function properly and generate friction. If you think your brakes have been damaged by water or some other form of moisture, do not hesitate to contact Plaza de la Movilidad, based in San Pedro del Pinatar and the Mar Menor area in Spain. To find professionals who offer their service for electric brake system repair for mobility scooters.
- Old Machinery or Brakes: Everyone and everything gets old, and so does your mobility scooter and its parts. So, it is not uncommon for various parts of your mobility scooter to malfunction or break down after consistent use for a long time, including your brakes. Thus, if you have been using your scooter for a long time and notice that the brakes are not working as well as they used to earlier, then it is time to change your brakes. Make sure to get that done as soon as possible by a professional mechanic.
- Worn Out Tires: Although this is not directly a fault in your mobility scooter’s breaks, this is still a severe reason why brakes might malfunction or fail. Heavily used or old tires often become worn out, and the ridges made on them for increasing friction become smooth. This makes it very hard for the brakes to create enough friction to stop the mobility scooter and might cause brake failure. Thus, getting it checked and repaired by a professional mobility scooter electric brake repair service is very important. For professional and quality service, contact Plaza de la Movilidad based in San Pedro del Pinatar and the Mar Menor area today.
Why should you choose Plaza de la Movilidad based in San Pedro del Pinatar and the Mar Menor area in Spain for mobility scooter electric brake repair services?
- Company Ethos: Plaza de la Movilidad was founded by Mr. Martin Nicolai with a strong humanistic passion for creating a better and more inclusive society. He believes that his customers should receive the best services at reasonable prices, unlike the money-hungry corporate structure. At Plaza de la Movilidad based in San Pedro del Pinatar and the Mar Menor area in Spain, you can be assured of getting premium services at just and fair prices.
- Professionalism: Plaza de la Movilidad prioritises their customers more than anything else. Thus, you can easily find professional and experienced mechanics who have specialised in mobility scooters and get your scooter serviced or repaired super fast.
- Central Location: Plaza de la Movilidad founder Mr. Martin Nicolai had a vision to create a service that would benefit as many people as it possibly can. Therefore, to make Plaza de la Movilidad available to a large number of people, including both locals and tourists, it is located in San Pedro del Pinatar, Plaza de la Constitución.
- Variety of Services: Apart from providing the best mobility scooter electric brake repair services in San Pedro del Pinatar and the Mar Menor area in Spain, Plaza de la Movilidad also lets you rent and buy premium quality mobility scooters.
Refer to the list below to get detailed information about short-term mobility scooter rental prices offered by Plaza de la Pinatar.
|One seat small||25 Euro||55 Euro||55 Euro||90 Euro|
|One seat middle||30 Euro||65 Euro||65 Euro||100 Euro|
|Two seat limo||50 Euro||90 Euro||90 Euro||140 Euro|
|One seat small||35 Euro||70 Euro||70 Euro||110 Euro|
|One seat middle||40 Euro||85 Euro||85 Euro||130 Euro|
|Two seat limo||60 Euro||110 Euro||110 Euro||180 Euro|
3. Other Months
|One seat small||30 Euro||65 Euro||65 Euro||100 Euro|
|One seat middle||35 Euro||75 Euro||75 Euro||110 Euro|
|Two seat middle||55 Euro||100 Euro||100 Euro||160 Euro|
|San Pedro, Lo Pagan||20 Euro|
|El Mojon, Santiago del Ribera||30 Euro|
|San Javier, Pilar de Horadada||35 Euro|
|La Zenia, Las Alcázares||40 Euro|
Please keep in mind that these are the prices for short-term mobility scooter rentals from Plaza de la Movilidad. For long-term bookings, buying mobility scooters, hiring professional mechanics or any other services, feel free to contact Plaza de la Movilidad based in San Pedro del Pinatar and the Mar Menor area in Spain.
Contact directly from the Plaza de la Movilidad website or call/message:
Whatsapp: +34 744 639 501
Mobile: +34 744 731 527
« Why Does My Electric Mobile Scooter from San Pedro del Pinatar Keep Experiencing Frequent Stops? How Frequently Should a Mobility Scooter Receive Service in the Mar Menor Area? »